Thanks for following along with my inaugural year of blogging! I've so enjoyed this little endevour and look forward to many new kitchen adventures in 2017. Without further ado, here's the list of the top 10 most popular recipes from Shiny Happy Bright in 2016.
1. Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bites - these were far and away the most popular recipe on Shiny Happy Bright in 2016. I think the appeal of a simple, delicious, three-ingredient treat is apparent, but let me just say...these are really good!
2. Tropical Summer Rolls with a Peanut Dipping Sauce - this recipe was a big hit because it's fairly simple to make and it's super healthy. I took it to work for lunch several times this year!
3. Corn & Leek Fritters with Herbed Yogurt - this recipe works for breakfast or lunch. It's hearty, healthy, and just really really tasty - I think the whack of mint on top is a must.
4. Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili - this unsurprisingly was a popular recipe because it takes almost no work and can be forgotten about in a slow cooker for several hours. I absolutely love making this in the morning before work and coming home to the house smelling like black bean chili. I make this recipe A LOT!
5. Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Pasta Shells - This is my favorite recipe on the list. Spinach and artichoke has always been one of my favorite pairings and it's the first time I tried stuffing shells. I honestly thought this was one of the prettiest and most delicious recipes I made this year.
6. Simple Mango Avocado Salad with Blueberries - this salad is awesome and dead simple. Enough said.
7. Fennel, Black Pepper, & Grapefruit G&T - I was thrilled when I saw other people responding to this recipe and so glad numerous people enjoyed it. It's a fun, unusual cocktail.
8. Zucchini Noodles with Tomato Sauce & Edible Flowers - look, sometimes you just need edible flowers in a recipe. This recipe is vegan, but everyone will enjoy it!
9. Mujaddara - Lentils, Rice, & Caramelized Onions - with a Veggie Salad - I'm 100% sure my husband would say this is his favorite recipe on the blog. It's total Middle Eastern comfort food.
10. The Detox Crunch Salad - This salad is simple but it rally packs in a lot of wonderful fruit and greens and a delightful crunch. If you just need a light meal or snack, this is it.
Here's to a happy, healthy 2017!