Hey all! This is my fifth traffic report (and fifth month of blogging). I have continued to enjoy the process of blogging and feel like I am getting more comfortable with everything from taking photos to scheduling out posts.
Traffic and income reports might seem like an odd thing to do, but I think they’re important and helpful for a couple of reasons:
- It encourages other bloggers to see areas for growth and insight into what I’ve found is working (or not working!)
- It encourages me to keep going as I see growth and exposes some areas I need to work on.
- It gives non-bloggers an interesting, behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to run Shiny Happy Bright.
Here’s how Shiny Happy Bright did in April 2016:
What made April special
Buzzfeed Posts – I did two roundups this month with a group of fellow bloggers from Food Blogger Pro and one of them went viral on Buzzfeed. You can check it out here. It got over 120,000 views, which drove a lot of traffic to my site!
Social Media Followers
- Pinterest – 226 (70% increase from last month)
- Instagram - 131
- Facebook – 198 (62% increase from last month)
- Twitter - 76
- Tumblr - 8
- Newsletter Subscribers – 180 (330% increase from last month)
Traffic for April 2016
Top 10 Sources of Traffic
Some of the links below are affiliate links. All of the products and companies listed are ones that I use on a regular basis and highly recommend.
- Squarespace – $18
- Food Blogger Pro – $29
- Tailwind – $9.99
- Mailchimp – $10.00
- Hootsuite - $14.99
- Facebook Advertising - $6.00
- SumoMe - $16
Total spent: $103.98
I made $1.50 from Amazon Affiliate this month.
My goal for May is to start monetizing the blog! I've been approached about advertising so I'm going to look into it and I'm trying to join a few new affiliate programs.
Goals for May 2016
- Create and advertise a freebie PDF on hosting a killer dinner party, to encourage people to sign-up for my newsletter.
- Add advertising to the sidebar of my blog
- Join two affiliate programs.
- Create high-quality, delicious, and user-friendly recipes with an emphasis on healthy and mostly-vegetarian foods and post them 3 times per week.
- Connect with a community of healthy foodies and other bloggers
- Create an e-book on simple, 5-ingredient recipes and make it free for download when someone joins the mailing list.
- Increase monthly traffic to 50,000 page views by summer 2016 and 100,000 by December 2016.
- Grow my newsletter contacts to 500 by summer 2016 and to 1,000 by December 2016.
Thank you for your support in April 2016!